সর্ব-শেষ হাল-নাগাদ: ২০ এপ্রিল ২০১৭
Share with :
- Name: Dr. Shaheen Akhter
- Current/Present position: Director (Current Charge)
- First joining date: 13-10-1984
- Educational qualification: e.g. B Sc. (Hons) in Chemistry, M. Sc.(Organic Chemistry), PhD (Wood Science)
- Experiences: Forest Products utilization.
- Specialization: Wood Science and Forest Products Utilization.
- Publications: 22 Nos.
- Commercial Cultivation of Medicinal Plants in Hill Districts, Bangladesh Forest Research Institute. Chittagong. 21 pp. (In Bangla). (2012).
- Bibliography of the Bangladesh Forest Research Institute. Bangladesh Forest Research Institute, Chittagong. 99 pp.
- Improvement of traditional extraction technique of agar oil from agar wood (Aquilaria malaccensis Lam.). Procedings of the First Bangladesh Forestry Congress 19-21 April, 70 pp. (2011).
- Variation of agar deposition in agar trees in different ecological zones of Bangladesh. Proceedings of the International Conference in Ecological Research, Maharaja Ganga Singh University, Bikener, India, 19-21 December, 2011. 39 p. (2011).
- Effect of borax-boric acid Treatment of Simul(Bombax ceiba) Veneers on Glue -Bond Quality of plywood. IRG/WP10-40525. 17 pp. (2010).
- Preservative treatment of Simul (Bombax ceiba) Veneers with Hot and Cold water solution of borax-boric acid by soaking process. The International Research Group on Wood Preservation (IRG), IRG/WP10-40528. 13 pp. (2010).
- Agar Cultivation and Agar Cottage Industry in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Forest Research Institute, Chittagong. 20 pp. (In Bangla) . (2009).
- Natural durability, density and extractive contents of 42 lesser used and unused wood species of Bangladesh. The International Research Group on Wood Preservation. Document No. IRG/WP 03-10490. 12 pp.(2003).
- Variation in natural durability of British grown Douglas fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii (Mirb.) Franco). Part I. Effect of density and growth rate. The International Research Group on Wood Preservation. Document No. IRG/WP 02-10445. 14 pp. (2002).
- Variation in natural durability of British grown Douglas fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii (Mirb.) Franco). Part II. Effects of extractive contents and taxifolin. The International Research Group on Wood Preservation. Document No. IRG/WP 02-10446. 11 pp. (2002).
- Provenance variation in natural durability of Douglas fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii (Mirb.) Franco). Ph. D. Thesis, University of Wales Bangor, U. K. 199 pp. (2001).
- A study on vegetable dye from the seeds of Bixa orellana. Bangladesh Journal of Forest Science 30 (1): 47-51. (2001).
- Yield of vinegar, alcohol and sugar from the sap of Nypa fruticans. Bangladesh Journal of Forest Science 29 (2): 92-96 . (2000).
- Termite resistant plant varieties of tea in Bangladesh. Tea Journal of Bangladesh 30 (1 & 2): 29-36. (1998).
- Effect of heart rot on chemical components of Acacia mangium wood. Journal of Tropical Forest Products 3 (2): 209-210 (1997).
- Calorific value of twenty wood species of Bangladesh. Malaysian Forester 58 (1): 28-35. (1995).
- Chemical components and water repellency property of rubberwood (Hevea brasiliensis) from Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Forest Science 24 (1): 58-61 (1995).
- Performance of borax, boric acid and copper sulphate salt complex as a wood preservative. Bangladesh Journal of Forest Science 23 (2): 38-42 (1994).
- Chemical composition and water repellency property of ten villages wood species. Bangladesh Journal of Forest Science 22 (1 & 2): 61-67 (1993).
- Extraneous matter affecting natural water repellency in wood. Proceedings of the 13th Annual Bangladesh Science Conference, Dhaka, Bangladesh. 57 p. (1988).
- Studies on mangrove bark tannins. Bano Biggyan Patrika 16 (1 & 2): 55-62 (1987).
- Arhar: A potential source of energy. Proceedings of the 2nd National Symposium on Agricultural Research, Dhaka, Bangladesh. 66 p. (1986)
- Economic and chemurgic prospects of Cajanus cajan. Bano Biggyan Patrika 15 (1 & 2): 16-20 (1986)
8. Permanent address: Village: Brishalika, P.S. Bera, Dist. Pabna
9. Present address: B-2, East Hill, Bangladesh Forest Research Institute R/A. Chittagong.
10. Telephone No.:031-681585, Mobile No.: 01715216818, E-mail address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org